In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cookingcondimento masculinesazón feminine
- She applied spices and herbs and added some other liquid seasonings.
- Add a seasoning of nutmeg, the orange juice and salt and pepper.
- Another way to increase appetite is to add flavor to wholesome foods using spices, sauces and seasonings.
- Try different sauces, marinades, seasonings and other ingredients.
- Add the tamarind juice to the seasonings with salt.
- Put half the flour in a large bowl and season with Creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt or sugar, if needed.
- It contained many seasonings, low salt food items, and lists the store where they can be found.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and either lemon juice or wine vinegar.
- To this end he also makes sausages flavoured with fancy herbs and seasonings.
- Cayenne, a spicy seasoning used in subtropical cuisines, represents Spanish and Afro-Caribbean influences.
- Another approach to lamb cookery is to use strongly flavoured seasonings.
- I'm not a fan of hiding flavors with heavy sauces or using too many herbs or seasonings.
- Add the sherry and chopped dill to the remaining sauce and check the seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, cover cassava with Cajun seasoning, salt and olive oil.
- In Britain, food regulations currently allow only herbs, spices and vegetable seasonings to be irradiated.
- Add seasonings like garlic and ginger first, followed by meat, then vegetables.
- Despite the Italian seasoning, however, this remains a typically Scandinavian dish.
- Check the seasoning again and then transfer the sauce to a flat oven dish.
- To maintain the original taste of the meat, chefs don't add any seasonings.
2(of wood)secado masculinecuración feminine
- Many quality-conscious wine-makers will pay a premium for wood dried in the open air, however, and an increasing number of them actually select and buy their own wood in advance of seasoning.
- The technology involves the seasoning of wood with chemicals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.