In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1número de asientos masculinebefore noun seating arrangements — distribución de los asientos feminine
- I'll draw up a seating plan — yo planearé la disposición de los comensales (or invitados etc.)
- Limited seating will be offered at this exclusive event and prior reservation is essential.
- Waiting areas will open on to these courtyards and the cafeteria will provide outdoor seating.
- Reserved seating for the Derby will also increase by between $5 and $25.
- The cutlery is good quality and the bench seating has cushions.
- Kindly note that limited seating will be offered at this event that is both free and for members only.
- But when we finally made it, we found ourselves in a lodge-like wood-panelled room offering seating for about 50 diners.
- The east-facing front porch provides plenty of comfortable seating for basking in early-morning sunlight.
- More comfortable seating is being installed and the range of food is being updated.
- Farrell also said that Atlanta Bread would offer breakfast, lunch and dinner and also provide some outdoor seating.
- In Britain, rural public transportation is often provided with postal vans offering seating for regular passengers.
- The tiered seating is protected with a cantilevered roof structure that hovers over the stadium.
- Site entrances and the footpath network will be improved and new seating installed.
- As limited seating is available, booking is essential.
- The only seating in the main room of the basement was a single back support pillow, so we took seats on the floor.
- All customers are provided with assigned seating and a generous 20 kg baggage allowance.
- The first and second row offer first-class seating.
- Tables in the lunch room were marked like assigned seating between the different cliques.
- The big complaints are delays and cancellations, cramped seating, and overall poor in-flight service.
- The flat terrace simplifies the assembly of temporary seating and assists with crowd management.
- There would also be a 400m athletic track outside with covered seating for spectators.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.