In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine agua de marfeminine agua salada
- In many areas, fresh water supplies are polluted by seawater, chemicals and sewage.
- Perth has already decided on a plant to turn seawater into drinking water by 2007.
- As the atmosphere mixes with surface seawater, carbon dioxide dissolves into the ocean.
- Water used for this purpose must be drinking water or clean seawater.
- In addition, there will be a huge programme to further improve the quality of drinking water, river and seawater.
- It can be obtained by mining and evaporating water from brines and seawater.
- Someone once tried to suggest to me that ocean tides were the result of seawater being pulled about by the moon.
- Aquaculture is the practice of farming with fish and shellfish in both fresh water and seawater.
- The water vascular system is not filled with seawater as in sea stars and urchins, but rather with a special body fluid.
- Due to the lack of fresh water, seawater has flowed into six of Chimen's 24 reservoirs.
- Frankfurters and hot dogs, for instance, are fave foods for kids, but have about the same concentration of salt as seawater.
- Drinking seawater followed by fresh water was considered a universal remedy.
- Because of the high salt content of seawater, it is generally unfit for human consumption.
- This greater tolerance may be due to the presence of seawater rather than fresh water.
- The chemical soup contains ten times more salt than seawater.
- They obtain most of their water from prey but will drink seawater to satisfy thirst also.
- I've read many times since that the best way to cook live prawns is to boil them in heavily salted water or, better still, seawater.
- The rest of the plasma is very much like seawater, an ocean of life.
- Rather than trying to remove the salt from seawater, the plant would use brackish waters from the Thames ebb tide.
- More surprising is the general advocacy of the addition of seawater or salt during fermentation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.