In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Doxycycline is a tetracycline derivative that exhibits excellent penetration into follicles and sebaceous glands.
- Cutaneous glands include the sebaceous, sweat, lacrimal, and mammary glands.
- Sebaceous hyperplasia is common in middle-aged and elderly persons.
- Sebaceous glands develop at puberty in response to androgen stimulation and are attached to the follicle canal by sebaceous ducts.
- Retention of the sebaceous secretions, and dilation of the follicle, may lead to cyst formation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.