- It also gave tables of natural sine functions to 15 decimal places, and the tan and sec functions to 10 decimal places.
- When you move the cursor over a button on the calculator, a description of its function appears - sine of a number, cosine, secant, etc.
- He gave a table of secants and, although Delambre credited him with the first use of this function, it had appeared earlier in the work of Copernicus.
- The secant and cosecant were not used by the early astronomers or surveyors.
- The secant of this angle is 1.61806 which is remarkably close to the golden ratio 1.618034.