In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de tipo yunque) tijeras de podar feminine
- Use loppers or secateurs and cut back last year's growth to within just two buds from the main framework.
- He removed his rucksack from his back, and took out his secateurs and his hedge clippers.
- Make sure all tools are in perfect working order, for instance it's much easier to prune with sharp secateurs.
- We tend to use the same few tools spade, fork, rake, trowel, secateurs and watering can throughout our gardening careers.
- Now until the end of the July is the time to get out the secateurs and start pruning those roses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.