In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secesión feminineseparación femininesecession from sth — secesión de algo
- However, the concern of aboriginal peoples is precipitated by the asserted right of Quebec to unilateral secession.
- In 1861, southern secession freed Republicans from the pressure to compromise to preserve the Union.
- It could also spark further claims for secession from other ethnic groups.
- There can be no such thing as a peaceable secession.
- Khartoum has argued that the clause paves the way for the south's immediate secession.
- Thus, the actual reason for the South's secession was racism.
- When the Civil War came along, this area of the South opposed secession.
- They are likely to fear that federalism might lead to secession.
- None of the candidates questioned Georgia's secession from the former Soviet Union.
- Thus some nationalism has involved movements that aim to break up existing states, through secession or fragmentation of various forms.
- A few traders advocated secession, but most were unionists.
- He rejected the radical branch of the party that advocated secession in defense of states' rights and slavery.
- Through a moral equivalent of Civil War, we must prevent this secession from taking place.
- All opposed secession but in the end backed the Confederacy.
- He talks of other theories proposed by historians to explain Southern secession.
- Texas secessionists organized lynch mobs across the state to murder anyone who opposed secession.
- They threatened secession if the colony did not join the Commonwealth.
- Every Indian leader has feared that if Kashmir breaks away then it could set off other movements for secession from the Indian state.
- A first modification allows for unilateral secession of border regions.
- In addition, perhaps as high as 40 percent of white Southerners had opposed secession.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.