In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the Second Coming — el segundo Advenimiento
- The writer advocates the pre-millennial view of the Second Coming of Christ, but this should not be a stumbling block.
- Above all, we anticipate the ever-imminent Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Second Coming of Christ is largely a neglected subject in many churches.
- In the early church, Latter-day Saints looked for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- Most Pentecostal denominations are pre-millennial, looking forward to the Second Coming of Christ, and the Thousand-Year Reign.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.