In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clarividencia feminineto be gifted with second sight — tener el don de la clarividencia
- In pagan times poets were thought to be gifted with second sight, able in a trance or frenzy to foretell future events.
- It emerges that Wolf Larsen has remarkable powers of vision - second sight, it seems.
- Beyond this she was believed to be able to interpret dreams, had second sight and was able when the circumstances demanded to bestow a curse.
- I loose my eyesight, then somehow gain a second sight ability.
- My second sight scanned the area for a way to escape.
- Unless possessed of second sight one cannot tell of the future until it happens.
- Apparently Merewen claimed he had second sight, where he could have premonitions, and see into Other's pasts.
- She could sense that the box was at its destination, so she released her second sight, and felt her vision come back again.
- For his mate, Faye, was a Seer, blessed with second sight, a legacy of her Romany forebears.
- Belief in the gift of second sight persists among some Highlanders.
- What's more, is that somehow the man had evoked this strange second sight, this way of seeing peoples thoughts.
- The others cackled like witches around a crystal ball, but it was Tai who had the second sight here.
- But David finds an ally in Daryl, a New Age bookstore owner gifted with second sight.
- You couldn't have predicted that without the gift of second sight.
- She desperately willed her second sight to go away.
- I often wondered if she has some sort of second sight.
- Saúl's sister Gilma had been gifted with second sight after a terrible car accident.
- Throughout human history, madmen have long been considered to be holy, because they alone possessed the gift of second sight.
- Thomas Cayce, Edgar's grandfather, definitely had what was known then as ‘the gift of the second sight,’ although exactly what this meant is unclear.
- A psychic has set up a school to teach people the art of second sight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.