In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secretario general masculinesecretaria general feminine
- UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, Prince Charles and the Scottish Fishermen's Federation are among the 15,000 signatories.
- The Secretary General has reminded us of the commitment made by our leaders during the Millennium Summit last year to eradicate this scourge.
- Here is a Statement by Gilles Munier, the Secretary General of the French-Iraq Friendship Organisation.
- In January 1996 he was appointed commissioner of the Inter national Police Task Force by the Secretary General of the UN.
- In 1938, he became a reader of English books for Gallimard; in 1941, he became their Secretary General.
- Who is the Secretary General of the United Nations?
- We're also hearing of some high-profile meetings, one between the Secretary General and Iraq's foreign minister.
- However, the Secretary General noted that ‘a welcome change is taking place on national and international levels.’
- He then joined African, Carribean and Pacific Group of States as the first Secretary General from Zambia.
- The women hope to meet with the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General of the United Nations had called for an emergency United Nations Security Council caucus due to the blackout.
- There has never been an American Secretary General, and, considering our place in the world, don't you think it's about time?
- Requests the Secretary General to report to the Council within twenty-four hours on the implementation of this resolution.
- But we believe and the Secretary General has said this that if the U.S. and others cooperate, the inspectors can conclude their job.
- The Secretary General said the organisation has support structures for local organisations and individuals interested in all aspects of human rights.
- Desai was the Secretary General of the World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg last year.
- But inside the office of the Secretary General, no such certainty exists.
- Up to five billion dispossessed and poor saw little or nothing of their wealth, said the Secretary General.
- At each hearing the Secretary General of the ICA chooses a panel that must consist of a minimum of three Judges.
- The recommendations from the UN's Commission of Experts are now being considered by the Secretary General.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.