In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Serous cell transport of urea may be analogous to secretion of uric acid, the major antioxidant in nasal secretions.
- Hot winds will also reduce nectar secretion, thereby reducing flower attractiveness.
- Chewing gum stimulates swallowing, as well as the secretion of alkaline saliva.
- Caffeine stimulates insulin secretion of pancreatic beta cells.
- When the blood calcium level rises, the parathyroid glands sense the change and decrease their secretion of parathyroid hormone.
- Atropine sulfate was administered intravenously to reduce airway secretion.
- There also is decreased chloride secretion into the airways and increased sodium and water reabsorption from the airway lumens.
- In this latter group, eradication of the infection has been reported to increase gastric acid secretion toward normal.
- For example, the systems in the brain that control hormone secretion are completely unconsciously controlled.
- The secretion of saliva is prompted by the presence of food in the mouth.
- The disulfide bonds form during the process of secretion from the cell in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- As a result, the predicted protein is missing the leader signal required for the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- They may affect the cycling endometrium by controlling vascular function through secretion of angiogenic growth factors.
- Status of various immune cells and intracellular secretion of cytokines were assessed by flow cytometry.
- Therefore, we investigated relationships between energetic condition and several measures of corticosterone secretion.
- Other drugs excreted via anionic tubular secretion have not been evaluated.
- Glucocorticoid secretion occurs in a circadian pattern and in response to stress.
- Lastly, dopamine has been shown to stimulate insulin secretion by a adrenergic mediated mechanism.
- A more complex system is seen in the control of pituitary hormone secretion.
- The crucial point is that insulin secretion is regulated by carbohydrates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.