In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A more complex system is seen in the control of pituitary hormone secretion.
- Caffeine stimulates insulin secretion of pancreatic beta cells.
- When the blood calcium level rises, the parathyroid glands sense the change and decrease their secretion of parathyroid hormone.
- Glucocorticoid secretion occurs in a circadian pattern and in response to stress.
- In this latter group, eradication of the infection has been reported to increase gastric acid secretion toward normal.
- Hot winds will also reduce nectar secretion, thereby reducing flower attractiveness.
- The crucial point is that insulin secretion is regulated by carbohydrates.
- The secretion of saliva is prompted by the presence of food in the mouth.
- The disulfide bonds form during the process of secretion from the cell in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- They may affect the cycling endometrium by controlling vascular function through secretion of angiogenic growth factors.
- As a result, the predicted protein is missing the leader signal required for the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- There also is decreased chloride secretion into the airways and increased sodium and water reabsorption from the airway lumens.
- Atropine sulfate was administered intravenously to reduce airway secretion.
- Lastly, dopamine has been shown to stimulate insulin secretion by a adrenergic mediated mechanism.
- Other drugs excreted via anionic tubular secretion have not been evaluated.
- For example, the systems in the brain that control hormone secretion are completely unconsciously controlled.
- Status of various immune cells and intracellular secretion of cytokines were assessed by flow cytometry.
- Serous cell transport of urea may be analogous to secretion of uric acid, the major antioxidant in nasal secretions.
- Chewing gum stimulates swallowing, as well as the secretion of alkaline saliva.
- Therefore, we investigated relationships between energetic condition and several measures of corticosterone secretion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.