In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Can a compact car be endowed with the allure of a sporty luxury sedan?
- Should race cars then be illegal because people may drive their ordinary sedan at a high speed around corners?
- The Avalon was introduced as the Toyota flagship sedan for model year '95.
- Just as it pulled away, a black sedan pulled up, Melanie's sister sitting at the wheel.
- Many have drivetrains taken from sport sedans, with suspensions to match.
- Two days after the Clarks bought the midsize sedan, Lori Clark had a fender bender.
- On the other hand, members of the Leone family drive pristine, sporty black sedans.
- Which could spell trouble for Toyota and Honda, who sell their compact sedans based largely on quality and reliability.
- Pacifica's high belt-line offers a feeling of security on the inside that you don't get from most sedans or SUVs.
- I was about to protest when a red sedan pulled up to the sidewalk.
- The 2003 model year is when Mercedes is expected to introduce a redesigned E-Class sedan.
- Around half an hour later the suspect in a blue sedan pulled out of the driveway.
- From behind the driver's seat, you'd think you were in a luxury sport sedan.
- Not quite a sedan or SUV, today's station wagons are stylish, functional and fast.
- Probably adds between 50 to 60 cents filling up a large family sedan.
- Are you looking for a sports car, or do you have children and need a sedan, minivan or SUV?
- Ford is considering adopting the 300-volt system for other vehicles in its line-up, including larger SUVs and sedans.
- Most of the Toyota Camry cars are sedans but the Camry was also sold as a station wagon.
- The car has been described as the world's best four-door sports sedan.
- Is a four-door family sedan the same as a pick-up truck?
2also sedan chairpalanquín masculinesilla de manos feminine
- Manservants of the Warlord dressed in bright red, the color of life, carried a scarlet sedan chair draped in crimson silk and embroidered with designs of phoenixes.
- As the Viceroy was being carried in a sedan chair away from the viewing stand, a Chinese man jumped out of the crowd lining the street, lifted a pistol, fired a single shot into the Viceroy's head.
- Then, clad richly in gold from head to toe, the leader appeared at the top of the wall escorted by several servants who were carrying him in a sedan chair.
- And it was transported around the countryside by two peasants, like a sedan chair.
- It's said that long ago an Immortal found out that a devil had followed the wedding parade of a bride who was being carried in a sedan chair.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.