In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Because of this action, alcohol produces similar effects as the sedatives but through an independent mechanism.
- To help you relax, you may receive a sedative intravenously.
- Before the tears came, Doctor Lee mercifully injected Robert with a powerful sedative.
- The child should not receive sedatives or opiates as these may depress the respiratory drive.
- A total of 11.6 % of patients received sedatives before and/or during procedures.
- Another psychiatrist also gave her sedatives and sleeping pills.
- Doctors sometimes prescribe sedatives like Valium to alleviate the symptoms.
- A final medical alternative includes short-term use of prescription sedatives to combat withdrawal symptoms.
- When used alone, sedatives were administered a little more often than were analgesics.
- Doctors prescribed sedatives, painkillers and rest, and advised sufferers to pull themselves together.
- This strategy may prevent accumulation of sedatives by allowing the drugs to be eliminated between doses.
- Effie put down the medical bag, took out a hypodermic and filled it with a powerful sedative.
- Is it the sedative administered by Sheeran or is it something else?
- Biopsies can be uncomfortable and you may be given a mild sedative or local anaesthetic.
- Staff had trouble controlling the man and a doctor prescribed an oral sedative.
- She had become dependent on a variety of drugs - sedatives, amphetamines and various narcotics, including heroin.
- You should be grateful that I'm not smoking pot or injecting sedatives!
- For dogs who travel in the family car, valerian is one of the most powerful herbal sedatives and tranquillisers.
- You may be given a mild sedative to help you relax.
- They pinned her to the floor, swabbed her arm and injected the sedative in her.
- Thus, sedative effects potentially could accumulate with repeated administration.
- He should omit sedative drugs and reduce his alcohol intake.
- These heavy mineral substances tend to create more grounding sedative effects that help calm the mind and emotions.
- Antihistamines are sometimes used but mainly for sedative effect.
- In most cases patients did not respond to the usual doses of antipsychotics and sedative agents.
- Mechanical ventilation and use of paralytic and sedative agents impair communication between patients and others.
- The second-generation antihistamines were developed principally to avoid sedative actions.
- "Eating a large meal will have a sedative effect, " says Young.
- Butterbur should be considered for treating seasonal allergic rhinitis when the sedative effects of antihistamines need to be avoided.
- Their findings supported the use of hypnosis as a substitute for sedative drug use.
- Research has shown that the flower of the mimosa tree has a sedative effect.
- Tolerance towards the sedative effects seems to develop before tolerance to the stimulatory effects.
- Limited evidence from one animal study suggests that hops may potentiate the effects of sedative drugs.
- Antidepressant and sedative drugs gave troublesome side effects and only temporary relief.
- Studies show sedative herbs gently depress the central nervous system, thus calming you and inducing sleep.
- Other mild sedative herbs are linden (lime flower) and lemon verbena.
- In pharmacological interventions, analgesic and sedative agents were more often used concomitantly than individually.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.