In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When used alone, sedatives were administered a little more often than were analgesics.
- Doctors prescribed sedatives, painkillers and rest, and advised sufferers to pull themselves together.
- This strategy may prevent accumulation of sedatives by allowing the drugs to be eliminated between doses.
- Because of this action, alcohol produces similar effects as the sedatives but through an independent mechanism.
- Doctors sometimes prescribe sedatives like Valium to alleviate the symptoms.
- You should be grateful that I'm not smoking pot or injecting sedatives!
- Before the tears came, Doctor Lee mercifully injected Robert with a powerful sedative.
- Another psychiatrist also gave her sedatives and sleeping pills.
- You may be given a mild sedative to help you relax.
- To help you relax, you may receive a sedative intravenously.
- A total of 11.6 % of patients received sedatives before and/or during procedures.
- They pinned her to the floor, swabbed her arm and injected the sedative in her.
- Is it the sedative administered by Sheeran or is it something else?
- A final medical alternative includes short-term use of prescription sedatives to combat withdrawal symptoms.
- She had become dependent on a variety of drugs - sedatives, amphetamines and various narcotics, including heroin.
- Effie put down the medical bag, took out a hypodermic and filled it with a powerful sedative.
- Biopsies can be uncomfortable and you may be given a mild sedative or local anaesthetic.
- The child should not receive sedatives or opiates as these may depress the respiratory drive.
- Staff had trouble controlling the man and a doctor prescribed an oral sedative.
- For dogs who travel in the family car, valerian is one of the most powerful herbal sedatives and tranquillisers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.