In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Thus, a well-trained athlete may have a more developed endogenous antioxidant system than a sedentary person.
- Moderately active fat people have far lower mortality rates than do thin sedentary people, and the same death rates as thin active people.
- So sedentary people often gain weight gradually.
- If you're relatively sedentary, then you'll need less.
- If implemented widely, such a strategy could result in major health benefits for sedentary people.
- Are you going to slip back and be the sedentary person everyone expects, or are you going to stick up for yourself?
- This does not always mean that they are sedentary.
- Few people are so sedentary that they don't move around for at least one hour in the day.
- If you are a sedentary person, that's a strike against you, because weight-bearing exercise increases the health of bones.
- Compared with more sedentary people, athletes display greater skin perfusion for the same increase in core temperature.
- These results are in startling contrast with studies conducted with sedentary people.
- Being a completely sedentary person myself, I'm very impressed by people who stay fit.
- Recent studies have also shown that children around the world are becoming increasingly sedentary, especially in poor urban areas.
- For a sedentary person, disease risk becomes significantly higher when BMI exceeds 27.
- On your day off you don't need to be completely sedentary.
- In addition, 78 percent of Americans do not meet basic activity level recommendations and 25 percent are completely sedentary.
- Along with larger portions of more fattening food, Americans have become increasingly sedentary over the last couple of decades.
- The Governor said walking was essential for sedentary people to keep the system in trim.
- Unfortunately, I am the most sedentary person there is.
- Holman said Aaron's lifestyle in general was relatively sedentary.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.