In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One issue with the exterior design is a seeming lack of individuality, as it appears to combine design cues from a number of other cars and look a bit generic.
- Here are some of the seeming contradictions that appear in the space of just two-thirds of a USA Today page.
- This explains the seeming paradox of why we have a lower acceptance of combat casualties with a volunteer military than we had with a draft Army.
- The seeming acceptance by the Royal Family of the heir to the throne's new wife has also been of major importance.
- Last season's rookie of the year scares the big teams of the conference, with his seeming indifference to pressure.
- A major reason for the seeming indifference is the cost of treatment.
- Much discussed is the seeming indifference of many young people.
- This seeming indifference to atrocity feeds the central government's sinking reputation at home and abroad.
- What is more illuminating is your seeming indifference to the lack of consideration paid by the BMCC Board to student issues.
- As a tourist who was then about to leave for China, I had wondered if this alleged seeming lack of attention to basic standards of restaurant health and safety was common in China.
- This seeming inadequacy of the real world is the crux of Shaw's enterprise.
- To an outsider the banter, the seeming indifference to the awful things being done to the patient in this room in the cause of health, are shocking.
- Of course this perspective is not available to the empiricists, and they do not have such a straightforward explanation of the seeming necessity of mathematics.
- Yet in the seeming confusion, there is apparent order.
- They reported being overwhelmed at times with the societal pressure to give their kids things - and the seeming lack of gratitude their kids possessed.
- Such reform is arranged of seeming necessity within the context of a silent covenant.
- A logical pattern develops, with seeming natural consequences appearing for a variety of actions.
- How can we explain this seeming inconsistency?
- While his anti-administration sentiments make him a seeming dissenter, he is very quick to state, though not as a contradiction, that he also loves his homeland.
- One of the big differences between the pre-1989 and the post-1989 left is the seeming lack of any serious economic manifesto published by the latter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.