In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1onda sísmica feminine
- Earthquakes set off seismic waves in the earth.
- For three years, the seismometers recorded how seismic waves from hundreds of earthquakes worldwide bounced through the mantle.
- In seismic reflection surveying, seismic waves are propagated through the subsurface and the travel times are measured of those waves that return to the surface after reflection at geological surfaces.
- If it does not, fault initiation may depend on additional transient stresses associated with seismic waves from local earthquakes that cause the stress state to rise above the initial failure envelope.
- Just as seismic waves travel through Earth, infrasonic waves travel through the air.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.