In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Sportseleccionador masculineseleccionadora feminine
- He complimented all the managers and selectors of the various teams for their tremendous effort and looked forward to more success in the year to come.
- Competitive club games would keep all our players sharp and would give county selectors an opportunity to spot new talent.
- He became heavily involved in cricket administration, serving as a selector for the national team for nearly 30 years.
- The national selectors have made three changes to the team that competed in the Champion Challenge.
- He was also a national cricket selector and executive committee member of the Board of Control.
- He did say I was free to interview one of his fellow selectors.
- Needless to say the Irish selectors have decided not to take him to New Zealand when they tour this summer.
- The Australian selectors know how good he is.
- Trainers, selectors and team captains will be selected at a meeting taking place early in the new year.
- Trainers and selectors were appointed for the U14 and U16 teams and training will be starting in the near future.
- If I were one of the selectors of the team, I'd play a good mix of players with the under-20s taking most of the positions.
- If players can be bribed to throw matches can't the selectors be bribed to select players with no talent?
- What is the criteria drawn up by the selector to select the team?
- I began to feel a little better and the selectors decided I should continue.
- In similar fashion, the board is charged with appointing selectors, coaches and captains amongst other duties.
- He found himself with no club and being clubless, national team selectors could not select him for the national squad.
- He noted, however, that the South African selectors had said they would have their eye on in-form players.
- It promises to be a hectic schedule for the selectors with other discussions on the Ashes and Academy squads coming up.
- Mr. Gill dismissed criticism that it was he who selected the team and the selectors hardly played any role.
- When Britain's Olympic selectors look for potential champions for the 2012 Games, they should visit Manchester.
- The steering wheel, automatic transmission selector and handbrake are leather-wrapped and door pulls are finished in satin chrome.
- The barrel selector consists of a small rocking switch located at the rear of the triggerguard.
- From the polished aluminium around the gear selector to the sound of the indicators, there's not a cheap component in there.
- Two attempts to restart the engine were made and the fuel tank selector was switched to the emergency position.
- With the automatic transmission the brake is applied automatically whenever the ignition key is removed, and released whenever the gear selector is moved from the ‘park’ position.
- As well as the gear selector, there are three other stalks behind the steering wheel, for indicators, dipping the lights, operating the wipers/washers and the pre-selector cruise control.
- I turn on the ignition, then flip back a cover on the aluminium gear selector to reveal the start button.
- However, just six laps later Jordan's run came to an end after a gear selector broke, leaving the car stuck in second gear.
- The power switch, source selector, and menu navigation pad make the base the effective control center for the monitor.
- This is a proper off-road vehicle - it climbed steep gradients with ease, using the tiptronic manual gear selector, and descended safely without the need to touch the pedals.
- The single selective mechanical trigger has a selector that is a movable segment of the safety.
- The instruments have been redesigned to make them easier to see in twilight and dusk and the power window switches are relocated just behind the gear selector for ease of use.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.