In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the next set of analyses, we explored whether teachers who differed in the amount of knowledge they actually possessed also differed in their self-assessments.
- The self-assessments will help hospitals evaluate their medication safety systems and identify areas for improvement.
- In his self-description, however, Augustine does not push away his past as we so often do in our own self-assessments.
- After a few years of operating with these expectations in view, departments would undertake self-assessments of their contributions and submit the results to their various deans.
- In their self-assessments, the candidates also have the opportunity to record any untoward events and their impressions of the incident for future evaluation.
- The pre-test and post-test consisted of both performance-based test tasks and self-assessments.
- The self-assessments are double-checked by supervisors.
- According to patients' self-assessments, various levels of asthma severity were represented in the study group.
- For all their differences and ambiguities, empires have shared in common a will to power that should make us skeptical of their most optimistic self-assessments.
- In addition, the students' self-assessments revealed how they perceived their mastery of the competencies the faculty had established as desirable outcomes.
- Additionally, the contractor is invited and encouraged to submit self-assessments of performance for consideration by the review board during the formal evaluation process that occurs at the end of each evaluation period.
- You'll need to make that argument by drawing upon your current assessment of the work, your original self-assessments, your peer responses, and my responses.
- Chinese students who did not receive the U.S. students' self-assessments were uniformly critical and less friendly.
- Without knowledge of the subjects' self-assessments, raters evaluated the subjects on the basis of their childhood memories.
- Humility convinces us to be careful about our self-assessments.
- Less dependence upon self-assessments of computer expertise may have improved the analysis of that variable as well.
- The following results, therefore, are based on one-time self-assessments.
- For example, one of Carson's self-assessments was that he was always a very careful person.
- Under the Council's voluntary standards, 492 plants have finished security self-assessments.
- Interns were encouraged to complete self-assessments of their learning, document and evaluate progress, and document learning goals and plans for the following week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.