In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lawto act in self-defense — actuar en defensa propia
- the right of self-defense — el derecho de legítima defensa
- I tell him that nothing comes before family and I would try to claim self-defense.
- I would condone it myself but the point is, it was self-defence and protection of that child.
- There are currently no grounds for a claim to use such force in self-defence.
- The one application of this principle is the doctrine of self-defence.
- There you might be convicted of manslaughter on the basis of excessive self-defence.
- It seems clear that the judge also rejected the defences of accident and self-defence.
- In such circumstances the wounding of V would not be unlawful as it would be justified by the defence of self-defence.
- This does not exclude the right of justified self-defense of individuals or communities.
- There can be no doubt that the magistrates were entitled to reject the argument of self-defence or defence of another.
- Rather, it is that some revision of the definition of self-defense is necessary.
- Inaccurate and dangerous, muskets are not very useful for crime or self-defense.
- It was indeed a strategy, but it derived its force from the willing abdication of the right to physical self-defense.
- Is it not the common law that a citizen is entitled to use self-defence in the case of wrongful arrest?
- That was the trial judge's view as well and he did not leave self-defence to the jury.
- It was thrown to him to use in self-defence presumably and he did just that.
- The jury had clearly rejected self-defence and the judge therefore had to make some sense of it.
- These features of the defence of self-defence are critical to the outcome of this appeal.
- Plainly this defence must not be confused with self-defence under public international law.
- If a man shoots another in self-defence, or under gross provocation, the death is not caused by accident.
- They point out that Rand decisively rejects the use of force except in self-defense.
2(fighting technique)defensa personal femininebefore noun self-defense classes — curso de defensa personal masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.