In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(auto)suficiencia feminineengreimiento masculinepresunción feminine
- He tends to devalue others in order to maintain his own exaggerated sense of self-importance.
- They introduce rules of engagement and silly words to enhance a sense of self-importance among the initiated.
- There was a palpable sense of self-importance in much of the media's response.
- His was not a pampered upbringing, but he did grow up with a sense of entitlement and self-importance because of his family background.
- I had parents who never let me get carried away with my own sense of self-importance, and that was particularly the case with being asthmatic.
- I certainly do not have a sense of self-importance in this.
- He says he no longer has any real constituency or constituents and that this latest endeavour is all about his sense of self-importance.
- They had money, status and liberal political ideas, and a vulgarity to match their sense of self-importance.
- To me, that smacks of an oversized sense of self-importance.
- The journalistic sense of self-importance that flowed from the myth has become a dynamo of destruction.
- It was vanity and a perverted sense of self-importance that were the source of his evil deed.
- Without any exaggerated sense of self-importance, the 86-year-old surgeon sat in his spartan office room.
- Many of the most ingrained ‘caveman’ character instincts derive from a sense of self-importance or ego.
- Having too many choices not only defeats the objective of providing each of us with a neater fit but it inflates our sense of self-importance.
- These strategies appeal to and then exacerbate greed and vanity to enhance the sense of self-importance.
- Gilmore's sense of self-importance showed itself in other ways.
- One criticism that I levy at this set is the sense of self-importance the reporters sometimes have.
- It may be that if I had a bigger ego, I might feel happier in life - a sense of self-importance might carry me along with more assurance.
- Administrators tend to multiply and become inflated with their sense of self-importance.
- Although she had the self-awareness to keep a diary, she seems to have had no inflated sense of self-importance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.