In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If we're self-medicating, who decided to medicalise these emotions in the first place?
- Americans spend an estimated $4 billion a year to self-medicate with herbal supplements, which are not regulated by the FDA.
- We may think that we are self-medicating, but we are merely self-indulging.
- Instead, we often seek pick-me-up foods or beverages to self-medicate.
- I hate doctors, so I self-medicated, went back to work the next day, and limped around for the next 6 weeks or so while my foot slowly changed colour.
- Injured dancers who self-medicate on a regular basis with aspirin or Advil can develop problems such as ulcers or kidney damage.
- His condition remains stable and his symptoms are well controlled by anti-psychotic medication with which he self-medicates as prescribed.
- Whilst it is great that you can just wander into a pharmacy and buy all the cheap drugs you want and self-medicate with whatever you think you need, there can be a downside to all this.
- Many of the poor either self-medicate or get whatever remedies they can from local pharmacists who are the only health care providers in some rural areas.
- Older and responsible students should be allowed to self-medicate at school with OTC products and certain prescription medications.
- At first he thought he was suffering from arthritis and had been self-medicating.
- Only 6 subjects sought professional help for their perceived sleep disorder and only 4 subjects elected to self-medicate.
- Physicians should remain alert to signs of secondary headache in patients who are self-medicating frequently.
- These studies are important because patients who self-medicate with herbs need to be sure that they are getting what advertisers claim on the label.
- Ninety percent of the subjects self-medicated, usually for pain or colds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.