In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In economics, the leitmotif is rationality: it is axiomatic that individuals are self-motivated to improve upon existing circumstances.
- He was a self-motivated man who'd always give you the time of day.
- Acting in furtherance of interests which were self-motivated and self-fashioned, he freed himself of proximate, merely fashionable, pursuits.
- You can, however, create an environment in which bartenders are self-motivated to help achieve your sales goals.
- America's cowboy capitalism asks its worker-citizens to be hardworking, self-motivated, innovative, and, surprising as it may strike its critics, civil.
- The endless debates about performance measures - which are always imperfect - remind one that there is no substitute for self-motivated and reliable teachers and researchers.
- There is open entry to the course but to be a successful real estate salesperson you have to be self-motivated, enjoy contact with people and have the initiative to generate listings.
- The continued growth and success of our business has created exciting opportunities for self-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals who are committed to driving our business forward.
- I think we can count on Glen to be self-motivated.
- I think you have to be self-motivated enough first and foremost.
- Mr Clovis was recognized as an excellent team player, and a hard-working, self-motivated individual.
- A quality that is common between all of the successful artists is that they are talented, driven and self-motivated individuals.
- The artists just need to be more daring and be self-motivated!
- In both stories the narrator must learn to act in an independent, self-motivated, unprejudiced, and inner-directed way.
- At times, we're all the weakest link, and if we can't be compassionate enough to make allowances for that, we should at least be self-motivated enough to realise it.
- Are you self-directed, self-motivated, comfortable with computers, like to read and write, self-disciplined, independent and able to stay on task?
- That intrigued me because I wanted to encourage first-year students to write and I felt I had discovered a natural channel where they could express themselves in a self-motivated way.
- I am also highly self-motivated and organised so I started looking at using those skills.
- He vigorously denies pressurising pupils, insisting the ethos is about making the work interesting, so they become self-motivated to learn.
- I am a very self-motivated person and have always had a passion for my work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.