In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It could be his last and only means of self-protection.
- This allows individuals to make informed choices to provide self-protection and resiliency in living their lives.
- If you wish to claim world leadership - which we do - you have to be willing to use your strength for something other than self-protection.
- As a measure of self-protection for itself and as a service to taxpayers, a system of clearer, more intelligent, relevant benchmarks should be implemented.
- The applicants have been turned down because the owners failed to provide sufficient motivation as to why they need a firearm for self-protection.
- In short, the male antelope underscores the importance of self-protection, and his spiky mane evokes defense of the sort a porcupine might offer.
- It is here that government is most likely to be acting on the basis of illegitimate considerations such as self-protection, or protection of powerful private groups.
- Obesity shows a desire for self-protection and a defence against anxiety and feelings of guilt.
- Industry sources also said part of the problem lies in the fact that local residents still lack knowledge in the insurance industry and, thus, are not able to do much in terms of self-protection.
- United Airlines also said it was starting a special training programme for flight attendants, aimed at both self-protection and assisting passengers.
- The second project will provide electronic warfare self-protection for a range of tactical ADF aircraft at a cost of over $250 million.
- Citizens still need take self-protection against SARS.
- I believe that we have an inner sense of self-protection and a fierce protectiveness for our children.
- The people affected by Britain's ever-tighter gun controls are the citizenry, denied access to firearms for leisure or self-protection.
- Over-preoccupation with self-protection will mean lower efficiency.
- Its message is not only protection of kin but self-protection.
- Still, I'll take libertarianism any way I can get it, and if it comes from people's desire for self-protection, that's not bad.
- People have been looking after each other, locked in mutual embraces of self-interest and self-protection.
- The course also covers basic self-protection.
- On the contrary, for the further development of charitable causes, both individuals and organizations need to strengthen self-protection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.