In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pretensiones de superioridad moral femininefariseísmo masculine
- A point that a lot of people made was that this connects to the superiority and the self-righteousness.
- Sadly this tone of sanctimonious self-righteousness characterises much of the exhibition.
- The self-righteousness and smugness of this man amazes me.
- They feel righteous indignation but are not aware that others see it as self-righteousness, double standards and hypocrisy.
- There is more than enough trouble, pain, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.