In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To respect your needs is a great way to lift your self-worth and build a higher self-esteem.
- She looks at herself in the mirror, with her short and kinky hair, and doubts her self-worth and attractiveness.
- They also suffer from depressive disorders and need constant reassurance about their self-worth.
- He bolsters his non-existent self-worth by putting other people down in order to build himself up.
- She has two adult children, one in Spain, one in Surrey, and when she wrote to us, had little sense of her own self-worth or where she was heading.
- Their self-worth is defined in terms of their status in the office - and whether they have a phone with more buttons than the person siting next to them.
- Group or individual sessions can help you get in touch with who you really are and help you to believe in your own self-worth.
- Most importantly, I realized a lot about where my self-worth comes from.
- Boys mature later than girls, but they generally manage to get through secondary level with their self-worth intact.
- She has lost all her self-worth and self-esteem and thinks only of the drugs now.
- I got my entire self-worth from my job, for better or worse.
- She has been saying and doing all the right things on the outside, whilst not quite truly believing in her self-worth on the inside.
- It provided resources for developing a sense of their self-worth.
- Many people who participate in sport regard their success or failure in sport as a reflection of their own self-worth.
- Low self-worth will often masquerade as fear, anger, resentment, bitterness and so on.
- Very often the success or failure of the youngsters is linked to their own self-worth as individuals.
- For instance, I am so assured of my own self-worth that I don't feel the need to try very hard.
- You may look at your accomplishments with continuous dissatisfaction, underestimating your self-worth.
- Well, I think the first thing you lose in an abusive relationship is your self-worth.
- Sixty percent of the adolescents indicated that physical appearance determined their self-worth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.