In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1semántica femininelet's not argue over semantics — no discutamos sobre matices de significado
- And if we all were to do that, we would realize that we don't need to fight over formalities and semantics.
- Again, this kind of statement is born out of faulty semantics.
- These well-meaning campaigners are chronically tone-deaf to pop cultural semantics and subtleties.
- We all try for the same goal, in the end, though we call it by different names and kill each other over the semantics.
- It's not a matter of semantics this time, as were my arguments with people over what to call the sniper.
- Lost in semantics and tears, he heads to his mother's house, where he hopes he at least will be in time for dinner.
- The point is that the semantics we use are not tick box mechanisms.
- This causes problems when a client is coded to use one service, but tries to use another service with different semantics.
- To me, the sound of a poem is at least as important as the semantics; so is the visual.
- In this paper we present a precise semantics for the two series of counting numerals of Latin: the cardinals and the collectives.
- How about this - once Tariana starts addressing the real problems within her portfolios, we can discuss the semantics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.