In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(lectivo) semestre masculinebefore noun semester hour — unidad en que se mide el valor de cada hora semanal de clase
- My grade book used to be the last thing I looked at when I wrote a reference letter, now it is all I know about a student from two or three semesters ago.
- If possible, students can make school changes between semesters or at the end of the school year.
- Mahmud, who studied at Al Wasliyah University - albeit for two semesters - does not like to dwell on his disability.
- Five courses are tackled each 14-week semester and there are two semesters each year.
- He graduated before me, and when I went to visit him between his law school semesters I returned with my first tattoo.
- It would provide an opportunity for students to fit another class between semesters.
- Fiver was an outcast all through school, and he dropped out of the University of Nevada after a semester.
- I also went to music school for two trimesters in between semesters in college.
- All of the New Orleans universities' semesters are cancelled, so those students are trying to enroll in colleges up here as well.
- After several semesters of college work, the skills development in Navajo and English often becomes coordinated.
- The primary mode of communication among students and instructors for both semesters was the university's email system.
- In his first semester at the university, which was in the year 1857, he was taught by Weierstrass.
- University officials want to eventually offer all eight semesters of instruction in the school's academy.
- I envision a course where professors hand out programs written by other students in previous semesters.
- Most students take one class per semester; Purdue offers three semesters per year.
- The final two semesters involve a half-time internship placement and an ongoing professional seminar.
- Students alternate between semesters, spending some of the academic semesters on campus and some in the work industry.
- Ms Ardagh has spent the past semester at the school as a specialist art teacher.
- Subsequently David took two single courses in different semesters at the University of Toronto.
- Each patient has three scenarios a semester for four semesters over a two-year period.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.