In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine semestrebefore noun semester hour — unidad en que se mide el valor de cada hora semanal de clase
- Students alternate between semesters, spending some of the academic semesters on campus and some in the work industry.
- University officials want to eventually offer all eight semesters of instruction in the school's academy.
- After several semesters of college work, the skills development in Navajo and English often becomes coordinated.
- The primary mode of communication among students and instructors for both semesters was the university's email system.
- Fiver was an outcast all through school, and he dropped out of the University of Nevada after a semester.
- Each patient has three scenarios a semester for four semesters over a two-year period.
- It would provide an opportunity for students to fit another class between semesters.
- My grade book used to be the last thing I looked at when I wrote a reference letter, now it is all I know about a student from two or three semesters ago.
- I also went to music school for two trimesters in between semesters in college.
- He graduated before me, and when I went to visit him between his law school semesters I returned with my first tattoo.
- All of the New Orleans universities' semesters are cancelled, so those students are trying to enroll in colleges up here as well.
- Subsequently David took two single courses in different semesters at the University of Toronto.
- If possible, students can make school changes between semesters or at the end of the school year.
- Ms Ardagh has spent the past semester at the school as a specialist art teacher.
- Most students take one class per semester; Purdue offers three semesters per year.
- Five courses are tackled each 14-week semester and there are two semesters each year.
- In his first semester at the university, which was in the year 1857, he was taught by Weierstrass.
- The final two semesters involve a half-time internship placement and an ongoing professional seminar.
- Mahmud, who studied at Al Wasliyah University - albeit for two semesters - does not like to dwell on his disability.
- I envision a course where professors hand out programs written by other students in previous semesters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.