In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The company also said the money raised would be mainly used to fund companies specialising in electronic commerce, semiconductors and software.
- Let's start with the components and semiconductors used in telecommunications.
- Japan's major export industries include automobiles, consumer electronics computers, semiconductors, and iron and steel.
- As a semiconductor for electronics, silicon has always been a compromise between cost and ability.
- Depending on the atomic species, ion beams can be used to dope semiconductors even as they carve out circuit patterns.
- Excitons are created in semiconductors when a laser field promotes an electron from the valance band to the conduction band.
- He is a physicist with interests in opto-electronics, lasers, fibre optics, semiconductors and integrated circuits.
- A completely different class of materials organic semiconductors are being developed for these applications.
- One way is to shine a laser on a semiconductor to give some of its electrons a boost.
- I especially like semiconductors and semiconductor capital equipment.
- The photoelectric effect is the release of electrons from certain metals or semiconductors by the action of light.
- Depending on the arrangement of atoms in the walls, the carbon macaroni either behave like metals or like semiconductors.
- This radiation damage can be avoided if a semiconductor other than silicon is used.
- Unlike most polymers, conducting polymers have the electrical and optical properties of metals or semiconductors.
- His field was organic or carbon-based semiconductors, and Schön appeared able to grab every holy grail in the business.
- About two-thirds of nanotubes are semiconductors, and the remaining third are metals.
- So, semiconductors and conducting polymers have much lower conductivity than metals.
- Taiwan is now a world-class supplier of personal computers, computer components and accessories and semiconductors.
- I am talking about real technology companies that make real things like semiconductors or components or have proprietary software.
- Young has been studying properties of light, semiconductors and electronics since his days as a graduate student.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.