In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(idea/book) fundamental(idea/book) de gran influencia
- ‘Gaz’ was a seminal influence on Koz, who admired and to some extent emulated the older man's daring and defiant individuality.
- Their work was seminal in the development of abstract art generally and the Expressionist movement particularly.
- All inductees, whose seminal work has been influential in the medical and scientific worlds, are pioneers in their respective fields.
- The rugged brick and timber house he designed for his family on a sloping bush site in Chatswood in 1963 was a seminal work that greatly influenced the development of the Sydney School.
- This second publication proved much less successful than the first, which remained seminal in the development of scientific thought.
- Andre frequently cited Stonehenge, which he visited on his first trip to Europe at age nineteen, as a seminal influence on his sculpture.
- Both writers were a seminal influence on early gangsta rap.
- It is ironic that such a seminal development takes place inside a rifle that outwardly is so similar to a percussion Model 700.
- It continues to be our view that the unfolding dislocation in the derivatives marketplace, the linchpin for the money and credit bubble, is a similarly seminal development.
- Neither the insipid colouring nor the androgynous figures help to give the fresco presence, but it remains a seminal work in the development of Neoclassicism.
- The artist has had a seminal influence on the development of modern Irish music, since he first hit the scene in Dublin in the 1960s.
- Both albums are seminal in tracing the development of a movement that is maturing rapidly, but not losing sight of its roots.
- This was one of the seminal developments of the century.
- A seminal influence was watching his mother on stage as Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- In 1870 he produced a seminal volume that would influence generations of garden-makers throughout the world.
- How do you market a house that represents one of the seminal moments in the development of our culture?
- The establishment of fisheries commissions, and the gradual enlargement of their powers, was a seminal development.
- Though based on the West Coast she had a seminal influence on the New York experimental dance scene and during the early 1960s her works appeared in avant-garde festivals in Europe.
- The other investigates the philosophical equivalent of the big bang, which is to say the seminal influences on the human mind.
- Irish music and song brought to America by generations of immigrants have played a seminal role in the development of America's folk and country music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.