- Interpreting images is a domain of semiology, the general science of signs.
- Thus if semiology comes from linguistics, things become relatively simple.
- I propose to write an essay that examines the application of three strains of French social thought - structural Marxism, semiology, and postmodernism - to analyzing the mass media.
- He helped found the modern science of semiology, applying structuralism to the ‘myths’ he saw all around him: media, fashion, art, photography, architecture, and especially literature.
- Deciding what I should say in my last 500 words ever in this space proved to be more daunting than writing a 10-page English paper on semiology.