In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1senador masculinesenadora feminineSenator John Doe — el senador John Doe
- Both Democratic and Republican senators treated him with impatience bordering on contempt.
- What is the perception there on Capitol Hill amongst the congressmen and the senators?
- If an absolute majority of members and senators of the joint sitting vote in favour of the deadlock bill, it would become law.
- The class systems from highest to lowest were the senators, councilmen and their families.
- The new Republican senators represent a further shift to the right within the Republican delegation.
- Both Republican and Democratic senators said they would raise the issue.
- Unlike state senators, House members are not required to make their receipts public.
- The president has reached out to over 80 United States senators in a bipartisan way.
- Whether senators could withstand the political heat from such a stand is of course another matter.
- The Prime Minister appoints the senators in the Upper Chamber, and the judges of the Supreme Court.
- Privately, many senators and congressmen have a similar feeling.
- She was first introduced as one of nine female Democrat senators.
- Elected a Communist senator, he was forced to flee Chile after the passage of a law that made the party illegal.
- Kildare could have four senators as members of the new Upper House as the contest tension heightens.
- By contrast, the legitimacy of Congressmen, senators, and the president lies solely in their election.
- Labor, Green and Democrat senators moved a motion on October 16 supporting the strike.
- It will apply to new members and senators voted in at the next election.
- In contrast to that highly democratic method, senators were to be chosen by the legislature of each state.
- He made his horse a Roman senator, complete with golden stall and senatorial robes.
- What would you say if we told you we have a way to add as many as eight new Republican senators to Congress?
Un miembro del Senado Senate de Estados Unidos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.