In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1senectud feminine literary
- Although it is characterized as being a deterioration process, senescence is considered to be a highly evolved genetic process.
- But most healthy mammalian cells managed just a few dozen divisions before they stopped, a process known as replicative senescence.
- Oxidative processes during senescence involve an increase in enzyme activities generating oxygen radicals and superoxide ions.
- A pretreatment of cold-induction temperatures had little effect on the course of tissue senescence under these conditions.
- The degradation of proteins and the remobilization of amino acids to developing tissues is a prominent process during senescence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.