1senectud feminine literary
- Although it is characterized as being a deterioration process, senescence is considered to be a highly evolved genetic process.
- But most healthy mammalian cells managed just a few dozen divisions before they stopped, a process known as replicative senescence.
- Oxidative processes during senescence involve an increase in enzyme activities generating oxygen radicals and superoxide ions.
- A pretreatment of cold-induction temperatures had little effect on the course of tissue senescence under these conditions.
- The degradation of proteins and the remobilization of amino acids to developing tissues is a prominent process during senescence.