- Diminished alertness from these drugs in elderly patients may be confused with senility or dementia.
- People fear attenuated senility more than death.
- Deafness is a catalyst that pushes many elderly people into seclusion, isolation, and even senility.
- The concept of senility may also be a generalization from the increasing number of older people who develop dementia.
- For the general practitioner a well-used library is one of the few correctives of the premature senility which is so apt to overtake him.