In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona de la tercera edad feminineadulto mayor masculine Latin America
- The two had been corresponding over concessions to senior citizens.
- Wednesday's lovely sunshine greatly added to the enjoyment of the day for the senior citizens.
- Most of the senior citizens prefer and desire to travel according to their pockets.
- The government seems to be moving away from the pension for senior citizens.
- Refreshments will be served and the special guests will be the senior citizens who took part in the project.
- I wonder how many senior citizens can increase their pensions to met inflation.
- Post retirement, many senior citizens may find it difficult to cope with the change.
- The problems faced by senior citizens in South Africa also occur in neighbouring countries.
- Parliament had agreed to increase the pension rate for senior citizens, but in fact it wasn't being increased at all.
- In any case, the demographic trend is in favour of senior citizens.
- I am making this appeal on behalf of the little children, senior citizens and single mothers.
- Firstly, the Citadel hosts local groups, for mother and toddlers, senior citizens and others.
- You have your pensioners - here in the US we have our senior citizens - I am one of them.
- As a retired senior citizen living on a main road, I would like to apply for £4,000 worth of improvement work to be carried out on my property.
- Then in the late 1970's, a crime wave and the creation of the League brought him out of retirement, already a senior citizen.
- We invite senior citizens, especially our neighbours, to visit the Centre twice a month.
- The senior citizens annual party will take place in early May and invitations will be going out shortly.
- Special concession rates are available for families, senior citizens and students.
- At the age of sixty Pauline had a Golden Age party - a celebration of being a senior citizen, the beginning of a new and exciting phase of life.
- She wrote to fellow senior citizens across the country's nursing homes, encouraging them to follow her lead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.