In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Those who refused to vote would be considered supporters of the separatists, he said.
- But it is a very different matter to appoint apparent separatists to sustain a corrupt government!
- Aware that they could no longer rely on support from the throne, noble and clerical separatists found their solidarity crumbling.
- Here some doctors worked clandestinely for the separatists and turned it into a den of separatist conspiracies.
- The separatists have also got a good bargain from another angle.
- Some voters came willingly, some unwillingly; a major chunk was kept away because of a boycott call by separatists.
- At least the separatists have maintained a clear position: they've always been opposed to the budget.
- Pundits say he stole most of his votes from dissatisfied separatists who believe their party lost its leftist ideals.
- Only talks with the separatists and the militants can achieve something.
- Unlike the model for separatists, gender has no effect on the probability that one is an integrationist.
- Hopefully it will also make it a lot harder for the separatists to use this as the launching pad for another referendum campaign.
- I have long believed that most of the federalists are really separatists, and vice versa.
- The 40,000-strong military and police operation to crush the separatists entered its eighth week on Monday.
- The latest killing drew quick condemnation and vows to crush the armed separatists.
- They have a holy duty, they say, to brook no compromise with separatists, but instead to eliminate them by military means.
- Therefore, I wonder how much more freedom of travel and association you would like the separatists to have?
- In an attempt to calm those who believe nationalists see a yes vote as the first step to independence, he argued that a no vote would play into the hands of the separatists.
- At this time national separatists were liberals, democrats, and or socialists.
- Counterinsurgency operations failed to end support for the separatists.
- This has given new impetus to the most extreme elements among the separatists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.