In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sépticothe wound turned / went septic — la herida se infectó
- septic poisoning — septicemia
- Many investigators are working to identify markers that will define the immunologic status of the septic patient.
- Patients with a low probability of septic arthritis can be safely observed without aspiration.
- The most common septic complication was pneumonia resulting from the translocation of gut bacteria directly to an impaired lung.
- Hemorrhagic skin lesions are caused by septic emboli.
- The differential diagnosis of a cavitary lung lesion includes neoplasm, infection, and septic embolus.
- We concentrated on publications on the pathogenesis of sepsis and treatment of septic shock.
- He developed a further septic inflammation in his knee after the meniscal transplantation and required further revision surgery.
- Severe sepsis and septic shock are important causes of death in intensive care units.
- In patients with chronic septic lung disease, the bronchial arteries are usually enlarged and tortuous and may engulf the pulmonary hila.
- Comorbidities, laboratory parameters of inflammation, septic complications, and mortality were prospectively assessed.
- Unfortunately, despite this precaution, the hazards of platelet transfusion still include serious septic reactions.
- All fatalities occurred outside the hospital, and none of these individuals had a medical history of a septic condition prior to death.
- Finally, early enteral feeding may reduce septic morbidity after abdominal trauma and pancreatitis.
- Someone who has had his or her spleen removed is thereafter more susceptible to septic infections, and as surgeons have come to accept this they have become less likely to carry out splenectomies.
- Most of the admissions were due to dehydration, gangrene and septic wounds.
- There were, right from the beginning, crises: a septic infection, an ectopic pregnancy, an alarming lump in one woman's leg.
- I've got calluses, cuts that have gone septic, and the skin is falling off.
- Two patients developed sepsis related to catheter infections, and one patient developed septic emboli from a catheter infection.
- The diagnosis of presumed septic arthritis was given to 44 of the 282 children.
- Other characteristics of septic patients and sepsis origins are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.