In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Cinema Literaturecontinuación femininesequel to sth — continuación de algo
- I know you are working on a sequel to the book.
- Still grounded in realism, unlike its sequels, this film is arguably the best of the bunch.
- Is it a worthy sequel to the first film?
- This, the original, was an enormous hit in its native Hong Kong and has already spawned a prequel, with a sequel on the way.
- Beyond that, I have other stories to post, and I'm considering writing a sequel to this story.
- Over the years, three sequels followed, each worse than its predecessor.
- If all its sequels and spin-offs ran continuously on a single channel, it would play for over a month.
- Four of his hit films have had sequels, and each one of the follow-ups has been a colossal misfire.
- It's a stronger and funnier movie and, for a change, more of a new story than a simple sequel.
- I've actually got to figure out a place to end this so I can start the sequel to this story.
- Was intimidation ever a factor when working on a sequel to an extremely popular film?
- They have to put up with some shoddy sequels to groundbreaking originals.
- As many film-makers know, the sequel to a blockbuster is never as good as the original.
- Since this is a Hollywood movie we're talking out, the inevitable sequel was expected.
- An attractive idea for a sequel to this book would be a discussion of such issues.
- Mostly reviled as trash, I was one of the few that found the sequel to be a fun and goofy romp.
- It was one of the most anticipated sequels in motion picture history.
- Studio execs in Hollywood are apparently looking for more original blockbusters and less sequels.
- For a low-budget horror sequel, the movie tries pretty hard.
- Old horror monsters never die, they just wait a few years for a new sequel to come along.
2(later events)secuela feminineconsecuencia femininesequel to sth — secuela de algo
- The tsunami has certainly equipped a number of people with the skills to handle post disaster emotional and psychological sequels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.