In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Beads, sequins, rhinestones, glitter, embroidery and and specialty detailing will also be a major trend, so if you love a little glamour it's definitely going to be your year.
- Crystal was wearing a black dress with tiny sequins sewn into it so that it glittered in the light.
- It is made of a red gauzy material with sequins and decorative beads sewn in a loopy design on the front, and, as decided, it is long with tiny straps and a small slit down one side.
- My eyes rested on a magnificent strapless light blue dress with sequins dotting the hemline.
- Today I must sew sequins on more t-shirts in order to sell them tomorrow.
- It was strapless and floor length, and was covered in shiny black sequins.
- The small size makes the gauge convenient to cart along for measuring/adjusting/adding lines of sequins, or decorations to costumes.
- We saw details including metal fasteners, buckles, sequins and embroidered patchwork.
- Add glam to a plain white dress with shiny silver sequins / beads.
- She had made my wedding dress and sewn sequins onto a secondhand hat.
- He came out wearing a black suit with gold sequins.
- I looked down at my own dress, with the shiny threads and sequins.
- Leonora was dressed in a white trouser suit covered in sequins, with a white fake fur cape draped over padded shoulders.
- The beetles' iridescent wings were used in the Victorian era like sequins to decorate the dresses of society women.
- I was wearing a good pair of denim blue jeans and a simple beige top that had sequins decorating the front and no jewelry except for a pair of sterling silver studs.
- It was made of white leather and had shiny blue sequins around the eye holes.
- Detail embroidery, retro beadwork, sequins and lace add a touch of Hollywood glamour.
- Try one with subtle detailing, such as sequins or beads for a dressier look.
- Katherine is going to wear a black tank top with sequins and dark blue jeans.
- The entire gown was scattered with pearls and sequins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.