In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A mixture of serendipity, personal experience and recommendation built the list of artists.
- With yet another stroke of serendipity, they are BOTH newly single!
- Discovery, for an artist, is rarely the much-advertised miracle of serendipity.
- You might say this is serendipity, but you really have to make these things happen.
- One of the nicest things about traveling is the part that serendipity plays in our adventures.
- Success often depends on serendipity and clues turned up by other investigations.
- It was only through sheer serendipity that he found what he was looking for bobbing about on the Clyde just a few miles from his home in Woodlands.
- Through standard musical comedy serendipity, George is given an audition opposite Clare!
- What is lost, some say, is the experience of serendipity and the delight in finding things that you would not naturally seek out.
- While there is appeal in the spontaneity and serendipity of these events, they do not amount to community.
- The arts develop because of aptitude, talent, genius, hard work and serendipity.
- Such serendipity is typical of a constantly surprising show whose overlapping paths continually come full circle.
- Like most worthwhile adventures, the origins of this particular grand excursion are rooted in pure serendipity.
- A few weeks ago, in one of those moments of serendipity, I came across a book waiting to be placed in our law library's rare book collection.
- I don't worry about surveillance as much as I worry that chance encounters and serendipity may disappear.
- It's only luck or rather serendipity, which makes them successful.
- There is huge serendipity in life and we cannot plan for it of course.
- Evolution seems to proceed not by design but by chance and serendipity.
- Nick is talking about a different sort of thing - a high incidence of serendipity and coincidence in one's life.
- In his own words, he scraped a living in Bangkok but then serendipity came again in the form of a meeting with two influential people in Bangkok.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.