In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, the book was originally published serialised in a magazine.
- His autobiography (ghost-written, like all the publications that came out under his name) was serialized in magazines and on radio, bought by a major book club, and reprinted a number of times.
- I consciously decided to break from my previous format of writing, and serialise the story with images that didn't necessarily illustrate what I was writing.
- Too, the genre fiction paperback provided relatively easy access to the longer stories in one convenient volume (many longer stories were serialized in the pulps).
- Soon his multi-volume memoirs began to appear, were serialized in several periodicals, and printed as large-edition books; for this effort by his ghost-writers he was duly awarded the top literary prize.
- In 1922, at the age of seventy-nine, he wrote a brief memoir that was serialized in a Peeksklll newspaper and later issued in a limited-edition pamphlet.
- The novella was serialized in the London Magazine beginning in June 1912 and in the Amencan Sunday Monthly the next summer.
- What is more interesting, perhaps, is to see Arthur Conan Doyle himself doing running patchwork on some of those holes, as they became apparent to him while writing and serializing his story in the Strand Magazine.
- In Britain, every major newspaper devoted at least a full page to the book, which was serialized in The Guardian.
- The result was essentially a Saturday story serialized over three days that took readers into Earls's struggle.
- It has been six heady years, not quite so heady as it was in the glorious days when my life story was serialised in the paper, but quite fun just the same.
- Such stories had been appearing in the press ever since my book had been serialised in the Daily Mirror in the middle of August.
- To add to his family's distress, his memoir is being serialised in a mass-market, right-wing daily newspaper.
- When the manuscript of Silent Spring was serialized in The New Yorker in June 1962, Carson was demonized.
- ‘Serials have become a visual translation of the soft-pulp stories being serialised in Malayalam weeklies,’ he says.
- Unlike American TV, which airs a complete story at a time, all Doctor Who stories are serialized.
- The essence of Sorry, I'm A Stranger Here Myself was lack of communication, and the sitcom was serialised, each episode advancing the story from the previous week.
- The book, to be published by Macmillan, is to be serialised in the Daily Mail this week.
- But because of the realities of the marketplace, the material is first serialized in comic book form.
- It's here that he serialized the silent story that broke him to North Americans when it was published in 2001 as the graphic novel, Hey Wait.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.