In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The presence of small lymphocytes in serous cavity fluid can pose great difficulty in the differentiation between a low-grade lymphoproliferative disorder and reactive lymphocytosis.
- Liquefied vitreous, serous fluid, or blood may collect in the subretinal space between the sensory retina and the underlying layer of retinal pigment epithelium.
- The submandibular glands produce a mixture of serous and mucous saliva.
- There is a disproportionate reduction of serous acini of the submucosal glands, which contain lysozyme, lactoferrin, and an antiprotease of small molecular weight.
- Collection of pooled blood or serous fluid is an additional risk for obese patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.