In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine área de servicio
- The area will also become a stopping-off site, rather like a motorway service area, for birds moving across the country between East Anglia and the North West of England.
- Work on the new service area is due to start in May, and is due for completion next January.
- The county council, will also soon be advising the public as to when they will be enforcing parking restrictions within the Riverside Quay service area.
- The AA breakdown vehicle arrived promptly but, instead of taking the car to a local garage, it took Mrs Haworth and her car to the lorry park at Heston service area, where an AA mechanic diagnosed an oil leak in the gearbox.
- So he picked up the tools, left the service area, and completed the repairs himself.
- A car crossing the westbound carriageway to get to a service area after passing through the gap in the central reservation was struck by a coach.
- But its scheme would also see access to the service area switched to a rear link road replacing the existing direct access from the A64.
- Travellers on the M4 will be relieved to know that the service area at Leigh Delamare has again won a top accolade for its toilets.
- Judges, who paid a secret visit to the service area, were so impressed with the standards of cleanliness and hygiene they found, they gave the toilets a five-star award.
- It's OK, I'll use this service area to turn round and head back to London.
- The first motorway service area was opened at Watford Gap on the M1 in 1959, and England's network has since swelled to 68.
- His body was discovered near the Killington Lake service area on the M6 in Cumbria last year.
- Which is the best service area on the M1 for children?
- The officer, who has not been named, was taken to York District Hospital with a broken wrist and cracked ribs after the crash on the westbound carriageway at the service area at Bilbrough Top last night.
- Temporary facilities have been in place since the former service area was wrecked in a fierce fire last October.
- The two men - one carrying a handgun and a hammer and the other a knife - walked into the service area beside the northbound carriageway of the A19 at Ingleby Arncliffe at 8.40 pm on Sunday.
- The second inquiry examined plans for motorway service areas at Kirby Hill, Kirk Deighton, Flaxby Covert, east of Knaresborough, Skelton Grange, near Leeds, and Bramham.
- He offered to take her for a meal and drove to a service area off John William Street behind Eccles shopping precinct.
- ‘We have 47 service areas across the country and the safety of our staff and customers is of paramount importance,’ he said.
- We have had nothing but a leaflet and a few posters at service areas for years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.