In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The genus is about equally divided into two subgenera, those with pedicellate flowers (Trillium L.) and those with sessile flowers (Phyllantherum Raf.).
- It continues to grow with a dome shape, but it can be sessile or pedunculated.
- It frequently occurs in the lower uterine segment and may be either sessile or pedunculated.
- These two phenomena are especially critical for sessile higher plants.
- The tumors were described as pedunculated or sessile polypoid nodules or as cauliflower-like masses projecting into the lumen of the gallbladder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.