In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(single meeting)sesión feminineto be in session — estar en sesión
- the court is now in session — el tribunal está reunido / en sesión
- the meeting went into closed session — la reunión pasó a celebrarse a puertas cerradas
- President Danny Terry conducted this session of the business meeting.
- Additional information will be provided during the special sessions to be conducted at this Annual Meeting and in the fall.
- The members were very impressed with all the programs and the professional manner in which the sessions were conducted.
- Council passed a motion that further questions on the sessions not be discussed again at council meetings.
- Members can address questions or issues during open forum sessions held during every meeting of Provincial Council.
- After voting, they returned to their plenary sessions to discuss party business.
- Akbar said the House's endorsement of the 45 candidates was a three-stage process, including a plenary session of the legislative body.
- Final determination shall be made by delegates at the business session of the annual NACTA conference.
- The officials were conducting a special session of Parliament to discuss crime fighting measures at the time of the protest.
- It was a small, intimate gathering and some delegates chose to skip the sessions to make business deals.
- The new rules seek tougher penalties for legislators who absent themselves from a hearing, a session or a deliberation on a bill.
- Two sessions were conducted at a meeting of general internists.
- At the annual session of the General Assembly in September 2002, he began an effort to win its support for the war and never succeeded.
- In a plenary session of the National Assembly, 209 out of 266 who cast ballots voted to override the veto, while 54 voted against it.
- Yes, there are a lot of speeches and meetings at the U.N., especially during the annual sessions of the General Assembly.
- Sources said there was a proposal to conduct a plenary session of the AICC in May or June next year and complete organisational elections in all the states before that deadline.
- A garden party for the members was held in the afternoon, followed by the first session of business.
- Conducting the session was the president himself.
- Before we begin, I want to say a word about how we intend to conduct the session.
- Purvanov and Ciampi will attend the closing session of a Bulgarian-Italian business forum.
1.2(series of meetings)feminine sesiónfeminine rondafeminine tanda
- Should we not put an end to the legislative ping-pong at the end of the parliamentary session by curbing the powers of the Lords and improving scrutiny in the Commons?
- On the political side of gay issues, a motion passed last week in the House of Commons to extend the parliamentary session for a few more days to pass additional legislation.
- With limited time left until the end of the parliamentary session in November, the bill may be squeezed out by higher priorities.
- This would clear the way for it to go to the Lords before the end of the parliamentary session in the autumn.
- The announcement from Lord Goldsmith came in a written statement slipped to the House of Lords on the last day of the parliamentary session.
- And whatever the gallery does in between parliamentary sessions it is clearly not the study of official reports and policy.
- Filled with enthusiasm, the parliamentary chairman used to explain in the first days of the parliamentary sessions that he does not want security guards and a Mercedes.
- Peers will be given two days to debate the measure, which has to be passed before the parliamentary session finishes next month.
- But it is clear that Tony Abbott has opened the door on this issue in his bid to get the Democrats across the line by the end of the Parliamentary session on the fourth of December.
- The law was to have been passed during the parliamentary session which ended last Monday.
- Council officers fear that if it is not cleared before the end of the Parliamentary session in November, it is likely to be lost.
2(period of time)sesión femininea photo/recording session — una sesión fotográfica/de grabación
- The company developed the play over a three-month period through intense workshop sessions.
- Each of the men is involved in at least two physical activity sessions per week.
- If you don't have that much time, two 10-minute aerobic activity sessions will benefit you almost as much.
- Today we extend a warm welcome to Bridget O'Gorman who will conduct a reflexology session with the group.
- We've asked the gym if they will run more children's activity sessions.
- He was in the city on Wednesday, to conduct a reading session and to launch the paperback edition of his debut book.
- All are welcome to attend either training session given by a fully qualified instructor.
- In a laughter club, many members are encouraged to conduct the sessions.
- The viewing session was a stand-alone activity and did not include any post-viewing discussion or writing.
- The Filipino Youth Alliance will be conducting outreach sessions in local schools in British Columbia.
- Printmaking has come to the Mid West with Perth printmaking instructor Vicki O'Shea conducting several sessions this week.
- Prayer sessions, conducted on Thursday evenings, moved to full Sunday service and later an extensive ministry.
- I went along to a training session community activists had organised to help migrants who must live in the skyscrapers' shadows.
- The remaining laboratory sessions were dedicated to activities such as forage analysis and pasture allocation.
- It will include a variety of activities and information sessions.
- The workout session is conducted outside Chaos Clothing, Jones's retail clothing business in south Minneapolis.
- Counselling sessions will be conducted at the Centre every Tuesday evening.
- Rehearsals and training in question-and-answer sessions are being conducted at different locations around the Naval Base.
- She undertook many activities and therapy sessions with children but none ever made any allegation of abuse to her.
- Mr McGrath said a storytelling session would be conducted by Geraldton Regional Library staff to entertain children.
(academic year)curso masculineaño académico masculine
- Thankfully, none of our senior house officers and registrars seemed to notice it during the teaching session that afternoon.
- You may need additional childcare as most preschools operate three-hour sessions, with normal school holidays of around 13 weeks a year.
- The teaching session lasted approximately two hours and involved two gynaecology teaching associates teaching four students.
- I simply wanted the teaching session to finish earlier.
3.2School Universitymasculine trimestremasculine semestre
(lesson)hora de clase feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.