In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tornillo de presión masculine
- For now you get a cold black serrated blade held in place with a set screw in the front, pressing hard against an angled interior notch in the blade.
- There's a little set screw to tighten when everything is just right so the measurement won't be lost when you remove the tool.
- If it won't go all the way up, loosen the set screw of the other needle slightly.
- Keyless clamps allow blade changes in seconds without the use of a hexed key to loosen a set screw in the blade clamp.
- I simply cranked the set screw back in and gathered up my relatively unscathed plastic jugs for the trip home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.