In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1siete masculinesee also four
- India are likely to go into the match with seven specialist batsmen and four bowlers against strong Sri Lankans.
- Internally, four of the seven floors of office space will be brought up to standard, with plans to extend the work if it is successfully leased.
- What we know is that the test results will be back in four to seven days.
- Born near Shrule in 1915, Peg Carroll was one of a family of seven with four brothers and two sisters.
- Four teams of seven players took part from all sections of the hospital.
- The jury of seven men and four women was sent home for the night yesterday after three hours considering the case without reaching a verdict.
- Bridge won by four wickets with seven balls to spare as they successfully chased a total of 166 for 8.
- It is expected to take four auctioneers seven hours to sell off 1,000 lots to people bidding via the web, by phone and in person.
- The Peak has recently reduced its paid staff from seven to four and editors have faced pay cuts along with rising workloads.
- They also have four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
- From Surbiton there are four stopping trains and seven non-stops.
- The new supernovas were found in galaxies ranging from four to seven billion light years away.
- Also contributing off the bench was Andrew Coatsworth, who provided seven points and four rebounds.
- His sentence of seven years represents four days and eight hours for each of his crimes.
- That is equivalent to seven times the value of all known oil reserves in the country and 31 times the value of foreign direct investment.
- Whether it involves three, four or seven people, this variation on the traditional duo is of the same variety.
- Ronaldo has been World Player of the Year four times in seven years.
- Of the seven remaining, four have criminal records and three were convicted of the St-Laurent bar attack.
- Eleven new static cameras will be installed in Sheffield, with seven for Rotherham and four in Doncaster.
- It gained seats in four of the seven electoral areas but, crucially, lost seats in two other areas.
1sietewe're open seven days a week — abrimos todos los días (de la semana)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.