In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Spokesman Patrick Killgallon said the high river level meant that water was being pushed back through the sewerage system.
- The capacity of the sewerage system is limited and comes close to overload during peak periods.
- In Karachi a huge section of the population goes without clean water or a sewerage system.
- It will also be used for the provision of small public water and sewerage schemes in smaller towns and villages.
- He is also well qualified to comment on the technical and practical aspects of the provision of sewerage to Bent Hill.
- Fifty-eight per cent of homes have electricity and water supply and are linked to the sewerage system.
- We have a large sewerage system which is dependent on a lot of water moving through it.
- The new school will attract families to the area, while the sewerage system will allow for further development.
- Workers plan to strike and shut down the sewerage system if the allowance is not paid over the next several weeks.
- But, there has been a problem with the sewerage system over a period of time.
- The state of the sewerage system in Kirkwall, which includes a leaking pipe, has meant all new building projects in the town have been put on hold.
- With a new sewerage system on the way for Kiltimagh, a number of large housing developments are at the planning stage.
- The provision of a sewerage scheme for Stradbally was placed sixth in order of priority.
- Despite that, they were still optimistic that the sewerage treatment system would be in place by 2005.
- But people in the area also need an adequate sewerage system and they are waiting for the County Council to act.
- Residents are adamant that neither the sewerage system nor road infrastructure can cope with such an increase.
- A new underground pipe 130 metres long will connect the existing sewerage works with the holding tank.
- A Sligo Fianna Fail councillor said he was confident that Enniscrone will have a new sewerage system next year.
- Moreover, the civic authorities give low priority to sewerage and treatment of sewage.
- The matter was raised when councillors discussed draft policies on the provision of sewerage schemes in villages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.