In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(sexual matters)sexo masculine(magazine/film) de sexosex attack — agresión sexual feminine
- sex goddess — diosa sexual
- sex offense / offence — delito de sexual
- sex partner — compañera de cama
- In fact, there have been times when I wanted to have sex with guys, but they didn't want to.
- Janet Charlton said Daniel O'Brien frequently spoke to her about group sex during their sexual activities together.
- He's a few years older than me, so right off the bat I told him I am not going to have sex with him, and I'm not.
- These early ideas have had a powerful influence on our views of sex and sexuality.
- Not enough of sex education in schools is focused on what happens if you do get pregnant.
- Of course many are of the opinion that better sex education should be taught in schools.
- The staff can be extremely helpful, providing lots of explicit sex education without a trace of shame.
- Often couples find themselves with emotional intimacy but gradually diminishing sex lives or no sex at all.
- It is important to find a man who's good in bed and who loves to have sex with you.
- On the flip side, do we consider women who have sex with under-age boys to be paedophiles as well?
- He may be getting turned on watching them, but it's you he wants to have sex with.
- I think she's curious herself - curious about love and sex and sexuality.
- While men have sex with men everywhere, how people perceive that varies widely.
- In studies from the United Kingdom, the incidence and prevalence are lower in women who have sex with women than heterosexual women, but they are still at risk.
- Vaccination is recommended for sexually active men who have sex with men.
- She did not wish to have sex with him and did not consent to sexual intercourse.
- So I can understand the temptation to put all our resources into preventing HIV among men who have sex with men.
- Finally, it would be ideal to wait to have sex with that one person you are married to for life.
- If you want to have sex with your ex just because you feel guilty, reconsider your intentions.
- It's the married person's job not to cheat, not other people's duty to refuse to have sex with them.
1.2(intercourse)relaciones sexualesto have sex with sb — acostarse con algn euphemistic
2.1(gender)sexo masculine(chromosome/hormone/organs) sexualsex change operation — operación de cambio de sexo feminine
2.2(men, women collectively)sexo masculinethe opposite sex — el sexo opuesto
- the fair/weaker sex — el bello sexo/sexo débil
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.