In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sexuadoto be highly sexed — tener una libido / líbido muy fuerte
- In all sexed species, the female is the fundamental sex.
- At the same time, however, the authors refused to acknowledge the sexed body, claiming that sexual difference, like gender, is a cultural construct.
- No, I am arguing that gendered pronouns for people are sexed pronouns, with people choosing ‘his’ or ‘her’ based on biology.
- These matters concern the sexed body, masculinity, femininity, sexuality, and reproduction.
- Their presentations of the female body tend to draw attention to the position it has in culture: not only the sexed body, but also bodies marked by racial and cultural differences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.