In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sexismo masculine(toward women) machismo masculine(toward women) sexismo masculine
- No group in the movement can claim to not be effected by systemic racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, and other forms of oppression.
- It is a practice which perpetuates sexism, sex discrimination and sexual violence.
- Patriarchy, sexism, heterosexism and globalization are all root causes of this particular form of exploitation.
- Prior productions have dealt with HIV / AIDS, masculinity, sexism, and abuse among others.
- It means fighting against sexism and its manifestations in areas such as people's attitudes and opinions, advertising and the law, to name a few.
- It's not enough to end sexism if some women are still suffering from racism or homophobia.
- We really only know how to talk about racism, sexism and homophobia.
- Another problem is that, to appeal to a human rights commission, one must document racism, sexism and classism separately.
- It is not possible to fail so effectively that you stop racism, sexism, ageism, humanism.
- It's important to analyze the recurring intersection between homophobia and sexism worldwide.
- She spoke out repeatedly against U.S. imperialism and was a powerful critic of racism, sexism, and homophobia on the campus.
- In general, consciousness of sexism in language is a younger-generation, urban, and politically liberal concern.
- As a consequence, the use of stereotypes can breed racism, sexism, and other forms of bigotry.
- This form of discrimination is as intellectually unjustified as racism or sexism.
- My point is that ageism is alive and well in our community, and it is, in its worst form, as harmful as racism, sexism, or homophobia.
- You know the litany: sexism, racism, colonialism, homophobia.
- Although by no means easy, it is easier to be increasingly open about your sexuality if you don't also have to be concerned with racism, sexism, and classism.
- One has only to think of such prejudices as racism and sexism.
- The leftist types I hang out with can discuss this movie for hours with themes of sexism, racism, classism running throughout.
- It starts with three friends with deeply personal agendas to condemn fascism, elitism, classicism, racism and sexism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.